We have enjoyed excellent support from our current MP, Roger Berry, whose Kingswood constituency currently covers Grove Wood. However, Grove Wood is about to move in to Bristol East, so we have contacted every candidate asking them to:
1) Publicly support our campaign to ensure Grove Wood becomes a nature reserve and is in safe public ownership as soon as possible
2) Agree to urge Bristol City Council to do all it can to ensure the current landowner does not do any further damage to the woodland if you are elected
3) Support our call for Grove Wood to become a Town Green, protecting it for public enjoyment for all time
4) Support our efforts to ensure the rare wildlife that lives in Grove Wood is not disturbed by the landowner's damaging actions
5) Sign up to the Woodland Trust's manifesto about trees and woodland to show your wider committment to the natural world. Visit: http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/campaigns/woods-for-people/general-election-2010/Pages/our-manifesto-full.aspx
We will post replies from the various candidates here in the order they arrive. So far, we have received replies from the Green, Conservative and Labour candidates. We leave it to you to decide whether their responses are satisfactory and whether it will affect who you vote for.