Update: There are just a few days left to enter, so get those entries in now!
2010 sees the first ever Snuff Mills Action Group photography competition. You can submit photographs in 3 different age groups: 11 Years and Under; 12-16 Years; and 17+/Adult. And there are 4 main categories:
Wildlife: Animals – images of wild animals, birds or insects.
Wildlife: Plants and Trees – images that focus on plants or trees [individual close-ups, small groups or drifts of similar plants (e.g. bluebells)]
People & Pets in and Around Snuff Mills – images that focus on people and/or pets enjoying Snuff Mills
Landscape – images showing broader landscape themes [no people]
There will also be one special general category [no age group] for Best Historical Photo.
The judges will be looking for photos that are well composed, with good use of light, and contain a strong visual impact that fits the individual theme.
• Photos can be in black and white or colour and should be submitted as a print. [Acceptable sizes: Minimum 9 x 6 inches up to a Maximum 10 x 8 inches.]
• Photos should not be obvious digital 'creations' or excessively manipulated.
• A maximum of 5 images can be submitted by any one person.
• All images must be taken in and around Snuff Mills or the local Frome Valley area.
• All images must be submitted with an entry form with relevant fees.
• Please write name, address, category and age group on the reverse of all submitted prints.
• The closing date for all entries is 30 September 2010.
11 Years and Under FREE
12-16 Years 50p
17+ years/Adult £1.00
Each subject category will have an Age Group Winner and the winning image will be mounted and framed. [Certificates may also be awarded to commended runners-up.] Each age group will also have one Overall Winner, who will receive £50 photographic tokens/vouchers.
Please request an entry form via email from: SMAG_Photo_Comp@ollis.demon.co.uk
Exhibition and results:
The images will be displayed in an exhibition at Begbrook Primary School on 23 October 2010, when all results will be announced.